This is the set of waypoints and tracks as published by Halfmile for the Pacific Crest Trail in 2013.
All points are freshly imported. Take a look to make sure we got it right.
To use this file:
- Place the pct_2013.bcn file in the bcnav/data folder on your device (usually this is something like /mnt/sdcard/bcnav/data.
- Open BackCountry Navigator.
- Choose Trip Data-> Load Existing Trip.
- Choose pct_2013 in the list.
You may still need to download some appropriate maps, but this will get you started.
If you are trying to download this through your mobile browse, please note that it is contained within a zip file.
- Before downloading, be sure you have a File Explorer app such as "File Explorer" that can handle zip files. Most phones and tablets do not come with one.
- When the browser downloads files, it usually puts them in a folder called "Download" on the storage.
- You will need to open the zip file and Copy the PCT_2013.bcn.
- You will need to browse to the bcnav/data folder and paste the file.
Planning on hiking the PCT in 2014. I've been looking for a good GPS android app to help me find my way. Everything I've read is this is the way to go, and thanks to Halfmile's waypoints, other than deviating due to trail closures for various reasons, I may actually be able to find my way! Nathan, thanks for putting Backcountry GPS out there and being responsive to the needs of us who use it. And Halfmile, once again, you came through to help those of us who hope to follow in your footsteps.
Please sign in to leave a comment.