(FOR DISCUSSION ON "MAP PACKAGES" CLICK HERE.)
Locate a specific location/point of interest you want to download for offline use.
Click on Places Icon and Search for an area
When you've reached your area/place of interest click on the Layers Icon and choose "SELECT AREAS FOR DOWNLOAD"
1. Selecting map tiles
1. Select - Allows the end user to select specific areas in the map for download (represented by highlighted blue squares)
2. Scroll - Allows the end user to scroll / pan around the map layer.
3. Download - Allows the end user to download the map areas selected.
Y. Context Menu - Opens up additional options:
- Delete - deletes the tiles selected
- Map Layer - takes you to the map menu to
- Undo - removes the last rectangle marked.
- Help - gives tips on this page
X. Back button
2. Panning across the map - allows you to move around the map to select more tiles to download.
Then when you're satisfied of your selection, click on download to begin downloading the map tiles.
Select on the zoom level you want.
Note : The higher the zoom level (the closer you zoom in, in the map), the lesser the amount of tiles that need to be download which is also lower in file size/memory requirements.
Choose "MAIN TILE CACHE" as the Map Package (more details about map packages will be discussed in a separate thread - link below)
Before you actually download the map tiles, you are given an estimate on how much data and memory it will consume.
And voila! your off! Pull down your notifications window to see your download's progress (you can click on it to cancel the download)
Please Note: This notification will appear wherever other notifications appear on your phone, for example, where you get the notification about a new email message. This may look slightly different on each devices. On tablets, this is often in the lower right corner.
You will then be notified when you download has completed via the notifications window.
FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION ON MAP PACKAGES CLICK HERE.