Maps and Previews
Pre-requisites for enabling map previews:
- Make sure your device has a stable internet connection
- Enable Dynamic Loading
- Choose a map source that covers the area you want to display maps for
- Center the map to a location covered by the active map source
Choosing a Map Source
To choose a Map Source, click on the Layers Icon
1 / 4 / 5 Online / Cache Tiles
- Means you are "streaming" the map data and is temporarily cached on your device. If you are loading/using map sources you previously downloaded, #4 or #5 will be checked instead.
- You can build maps using MOBAC (http://mobac.sourceforge.net/)
- Or save maps as Map Folders / Map Package (http://support.crittermap.com/entries/22268768-using-map-packages)
2. More Map Sources
3. Internet Loading
4 - Select Areas for Download
To download a certain area of the map, simply drag across the map the tiles you want downloaded for offline storage and usage.
Download Options: (*instructions should come up via the "in-line" help when you use this feature for the first time)
1. Drag / Select (active)
2. Pan (inactive)
3. Download for offline storage
When you click download, the app will give you the max zoom of the tiles being downloaded. The closer the zoom level, the bigger the file size.
5 - Download History
Tapping this option will open up your downloads based on their download date/time and the number of tiles downloaded
Deleting Downloaded Tiles
Deleting downloaded tiles is pretty straight forward.
Go to and long-press on the tiles you want to delete.
Which will then open a prompt giving you several options; then choose delete.
Deleting Specific Tiles from stored Map Tiles
First, you have to disable Dynamic Loading
Center on the area of the Map Tile you downloaded / Stored on your device's memory / SD Card
Tap on the Recycle/Delete Icon ; You will then see a prompt confirming your decision.
After confirming deletion, your selected areas will now vanish from the saved map tiles selection.
Article is closed for comments.