I would be nice to have a SOS/Emergency feature. In an emergency, the user could press a button to send an SOS (via SMS and/or Email and/or Web API) to a one or more recipients.
Information contained in the SOS might include:
- Emergency Type. (lost, snake bite, fallen, dehydration, etc, custom)
- Location/environment (lat, lon, altitude, temperature)
- Device Status (indicates ability to stay in communication)
- Battery Level
- Signal Level
- Mobile Number
- Personal Details (basic identification and medical info for rescue team)
- Next of Kin Contact Details
- Other recipients who have being sent the SOS (helps recipients/rescuers to collaborate)
- Photo (a visual of current condition/severity, helps with animal/plant identification, etc)
- Note (Any other important info)
Sending an SOS should be simple and strait forward. Most of the above information can be collected automatically and/or stored in the settings.
If the user doesn't have phone reception, then the app should advise the user and then keep retrying until it is successful or the user cancels. In any case the user should be advised when the SOS has been successfully sent.
Voice commands are a little more advanced, but would be great in some emergency situations
Please sign in to leave a comment.